Come, discover glassblowing lessons in Calgary. Experience says you don’t have to be artistic or athletic to play with hot glass. Make a fascapple glass workshop a date night, a friends’ adventure. Buy a glassblowing gift certificate to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or housewarming. Host an extraordinary corporate team-building event.
A place to start . . .
Our glassblowing workshops are a great place to start. If the glassblowing bug bites and you want to pursue ongoing classes, we’ll help make that happen. Check out the options below and give-it-a-whirl! Get in touch any time.
2.5 hours for 1-2 people. $265
Make solid pieces ranging from a paperweight to a bird or a rose. Try blowing an ornament, a cup, or a small bowl. One participant makes four to eight pieces. Two participants, each person makes two to four pieces. Your group receives the demonstration work created by your instructor. What you make and the amount you make is in keeping with your interest and how the learning unfolds.
2.5 hours for 4 people. $485
Gather a group of friends or your family for a unique experience. Make solid pieces ranging from a paperweight to a bird or a rose. Try blowing an ornament, a cup, or a small bowl. Three participants, each person makes four to eight pieces. Four participants, each person makes two to four pieces. Your group receives the demonstration work created by your instructor. What you make and the amount you make is in keeping with your interest and how the learning unfolds.
4.5 hours for 1-2 people. $485
Take advantage of more time in the studio, creating solid and blown pieces. Discuss what you’d like to make with your instructor. One participant makes six to 12 pieces. Two participants, each person makes four to eight pieces. Your group receives the demonstration work created by your instructor. What you make and the amount you make is in keeping with your interest and how the learning unfolds.
4.5 hours for 4 people. $925
Take advantage of more time in the studio, creating solid and blown pieces. Discuss what you’d like to make with your instructor. Three participants, each person makes six to 12 pieces. Four participants, each person makes approximately four to eight pieces. Your group receives the demonstration work created by your instructor. What you make and the amount you make is in keeping with your interest and how the learning unfolds.
Options 3 and 4 are best suited to returning students, who are familiar with hot studio conditions, who may be from out of town, and/or starting to shift to lessons.
30 minutes. $65 – $75
Book your 30-minute-spot and make a single ball ornament or paperweight. Fee: $65. Or, choose to make a cup or small bowl. Fee: $75. A professional artist will guide you through the steps. Get a taste of what it’s like to play with hot glass.
Let us know the option you prefer, and we’ll get the wheels rolling. Have an idea in mind? Let us know and we’ll see what we can conjure up together. Let’s talk.
How to book a workshop
- Choose a workshop option.
- Choose a day and time option that suits you or let us know if you’re flexible.
• Workshops are generally held:
• Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm or 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
• Friday evenings from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
• Other evenings and daytimes by special request. We’re pleased to accommodate different schedules and can do so with some lead time.
- What time frame do you have in mind? Are you looking for a workshop in the coming days, next two weeks or three months from now?
- Send your thoughts to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
What to expect
How much you create ranges according to your learning pace, comfort with the equipment and what you make. To experience blowing glass and help keep everyone healthy, you’ll use a “noodle,” and a new reusable mouthpiece. When the workshop is done, your pieces need to cool and then we’ll do some finishing work. Pick up your treasures in about one week.
You should know that we:
- Provide personalized gift certificates.
- Teach students starting at age 13.
- Supply all materials, including safety glasses.
- Help you find the right date/time. Workshops are generally held Thursday, Friday evenings and in the morning and afternoon on weekends.
- Let you know what to wear and what to bring.
- Provide a locker for valuables. Please bring a lock.
- Offer free parking right outside the studio, which is located at 7865-56 Street SE, Unit 104.
- Ask students and instructor(s) to complete a rapid antigen test prior to starting the workshop. We provide further details based on current covid conditions.
- Require payment for the workshop to secure the booking and our Waiver to be signed before starting your workshop.
- Have a cancellation policy so things are clear.
How to buy a workshop gift certificate
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the option you’d prefer. Let us know who’s giving the gift, the name(s) of the recipients and any special reason for choosing this extraordinary experience.
- We’ll send an invoice payable by e-transfer or credit card. With the fee paid, we’ll send you the personalized gift certificate letter highlighting the gift and next steps. Please allow a minimum 24 hours for the gift certificate email to arrive. We’ll do our best if working within a shorter time frame.
- If you’d like a beautiful piece of our blown glass—small or grand—to hint at the experience to come, let us know and we’ll reserve a gallery visit with you.
Note: Gift certificates are non-transferable, non-refundable (except in special circumstances) and are not exchangeable for cash.
Top 5 questions
1. Is the workshop fee per person or in total?
It’s the total price for the workshop. For instance, Option 1 costs $265, whether one or two people attend.
2. What if I have an additional person, who wants to participate, for example, three people?
We’ll do our best to accommodate you and your guests. Each additional person costs $135. For instance, Option 1 would be $265 for two people plus $135 for the third person.
3. Where is fascapple glass?
We’re located at: 7865-56 Street SE, Unit 104 in the Foothills Industrial area—immediately east of Big Rock Brewery and a few minutes from the Calgary Soccer Centre. Major Trails like Stoney, Glenmore, Barlow and Deerfoot will have you here in no time.
4. What if I take a workshop or two and then want to switch to ongoing lessons?
Absolutely doable. We offer private and, when suitable, group lessons on an ongoing basis. They’re offered at a reduced rate in keeping with a student’s regular, ongoing commitment. Over time, grow your skills to the point where you work independently and rent studio time. We’re home to professional and hobbyist artists. Let us know what you’d like to do.
5. What’s your cancellation policy?
- When you purchase a workshop and set a date, the studio and the instructor are reserved for you. Please let us know as soon as possible if the scheduled reservation won’t work.
- Reschedule within 72 hours of the workshop and there’s a $50 change fee.
- Cancel within seven days of the workshop and you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- Cancel within 24 hours of the workshop and there’s no refund. We’ve been working closely with clients to get through these COVID-19 times with mutual understanding. If fascapple glass must cancel due to government shutdowns, equipment breakdown, or stormy weather, we’ll work to book another date or provide a refund/gift certificate to be used at our gallery or for a workshop on another date.
- Drink lots of water before arriving at the studio.
- Please bring a water bottle and be sure to drink lots throughout the workshop. Bring along a snack to keep your energy up.
- For safety and comfort, wear natural fabrics, particularly a cotton t-shirt and long pants. We recommend wearing layering your tops.
- Clothes made of flammable fabrics such as polyester or rayon are NOT allowed.
- Shoes must have closed toes and backs.
- Tie back long hair and remove accessories such as rings, necklaces, and scarves.